Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,
As we continue to see an increase in positive cases in our schools and our county remains at a high level of community spread, we are updating health and safety strategies. After seeking input and feedback from stakeholders in our recent zoom meeting, we are going to make the following changes to COVID-19 Reopening Guidelines 2021-2022.
1. We will offer online distance learning as an option for delivering instruction for students in grades K-12. Students enrolled in the Distance Learning Option will be utilizing the online program called Odysseyware in grades 3-12. In grades K-2, distance learning students will be utilizing several online programs. The enrollment form should be available next week on our school websites. Those enrolled by September 3rd, should be able to begin work in the program by September 13th if not sooner. The enrollment form will provide more detailed information about the program and specific guidelines. By enrolling in the Distance Learning Option, you will be making a commitment to distance learning for the rest of the school year. These students will be eligible for any honors or recognitions, but they will not be eligible to participate in extracurricular activities.
2. We will Implement free school-based COVID19 testing provided by the Georgia Department of Public Health. We will provide the testing location, testing schedule, and organize consent and opt-in paperwork for participating students and faculty. This would be totally voluntary on the part of students and staff. Students would have to have parent consent. Basically, DPH would provide personnel, equipment and supplies to perform tests at our schools one or two days a week. They would test those individuals that have chosen to take part in the screening testing on a regular basis as long as they remain asymptomatic. If we discover a symptomatic student or staff member, we could have them tested with consent.
We appreciate your support and patience as we try to address the challenges related to COVID-19. We will continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in our school system as well as our community. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
Infinite Campus Parent Portal
Parents of students in grades K–12 have access to class schedules, attendance records and grades through the Parent Portal, an easy-to-use, secure communications tool for the district. Additionally, the Parent Portal enables parents to verify household information, including email, home address and telephone numbers. Follow the directions below to activate your account.
New Parent Portal User - Part 1 - Request a Parent Portal Activation Key
To request a Parent Portal Activation Key:
visit the Parent Portal Activation Key Lookup page
What you'll need before registering:
Your child's Student Number (It can be found on your student's report card or transcript.)
The last four digits of your child's Social Security Number (SSN).
New Parent Portal User - Part 2 - First Time Account Creation
1. Select New User? to open the Campus Portal Activation Key option.
Activating your Campus Portal Account screen
2. Another screen will display >> New User?.
3. Enter the Activation Key assigned to you. Once the Activation Key has been used to create an account, it cannot be used again.
4. Click the Submit button. The Activation Key will be verified, and when approved, a screen will prompt the user to create a username and password.
Creating your user name and password
Enter a Username. Use an alphanumeric (both letters and numbers) username.
Enter a Password. Use an alphanumeric password. Passwords should be at least 6 characters long.
Re-enter the password in the Verify Password field.
Click the Create Account button.